- Causation in Critical Reasoning Questions
- This article reviews the concept of causation as it appears in critical reasoning questions, including how to approach these types of questions and the traps they present.
- “Layering” in Critical Reasoning Questions
- Here, we discuss how test-writers complicate critical reasoning questions by adding details, obscuring core issues. Also covered: avoiding the resulting traps.
- Counter-intuition on the GMAT
- Going with your gut can get you in big trouble on the GMAT - here's how.
- How to Analyze a Critical Reasoning Assumption Question
- Make every practice problem count - here's the process for learning from critical reading questions.
- A Must-Use Critical Reasoning Strategy
- Struggling with critical reasoning? Don't read the argument first - start with the question stem.
- How To Tackle “Draw a Conclusion” CR Questions
- What's the best way to tackle "Draw a Conclusion" critical reasoning questions? Try the methods outlined in this article.
- Weaken the Conclusion: Breaking down a Challenging CR Problem
- Watch one of our expert instructors break down a challenging sample problem.
- Common Flaws in GMAT Logic
- This tutorial describes the basic types of flaws you will find in critical reasoning problems on the GMAT, including causation and "limiting" words.