Manhattan GMAT Social Venture Scholars Program
* * * Our SVS program has now been extended to all three test brands taught by Manhattan Prep. Further, the new and improved program will function year round with a rolling application shedule.* * *
Manhattan Prep is offering special full tuition scholarships for up to 16 individuals per year (4 per quarter) who will be selected as part of Manhattan GMAT’s Social Venture Scholars program. This program provides the selected scholars with free admission into one of Manhattan GMAT’s live online Complete Courses (a $1290 value).
These competitive scholarships are offered to individuals who (1) currently work full-time in an organization that promotes positive social change, (2) plan to use their MBA to work in a public, not-for-profit, or other venture with a social-change oriented mission, and (3) demonstrate clear financial need. The Social Venture Scholars will all enroll in a special online preparation course taught by two of Manhattan GMAT’s expert instructors within one year of winning the scholarship.
Click here to see what previous SVS scholarship recipients have to say about the program.
How Do I Apply?
The application process is simple. Please be sure to follow these instructions carefully.
(1) Write an essay explaining how you meet the 3 scholarship criteria stated above. There is no minimum or maximum length required. Keep in mind, however, that this is a competitive process and scholars will be selected based largely on essay quality and content. Be sure to demonstrate that you meet ALL THREE scholarship criteria in your essay.
(2) Submit your materials before the relevant application deadline:
- 1st quarter deadline: Friday, March 15, 2013 [Closed]
- 2nd quarter deadline: Friday, June 7, 2013
- 3rd quarter deadline: Friday, September 6, 2013
- 4th quarter deadline: Friday, December 6, 2013
Send the following in ONE EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your completed essay – be sure to include your name!
- An updated resume that includes your name, email, phone number, & mailing address.
- Names of 3 references, including full contact information and a brief description of their relationship to you.
- How you heard about this scholarship opportunity and which application round you are applying for. Note: This can be included in the text of your email.
- A copy of your most recent paystub. Note: This can be scanned and attached to your email or faxed separately to 1-800-894-6580.
All applicants will be notified of award decisions based on the following timeline below:
- 1st quarter winners selected: Friday, March 29, 2013
- 2nd quarter winners selected: Friday, June 21, 2013
- 3rd quarter winners selected: Friday, September 20, 2013
- 4th quarter winners selected: Friday, December 20, 2013
Applicants are encouraged to re-apply by re-submitting their application materials (with an updated paystub) if not chosen for a particular quarter selection.
All course materials are provided to scholars free of charge. These include:
» The 10 Manhattan GMAT Strategy Guides
» The Official Guide for GMAT Review (13th Edition)
» The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review (2nd Edition)
» The Official Guide for GMAT Verbal Review (2nd Edition)
» MGMAT's Online Official Guide Archer Companion
» MGMAT's Foundations of GMAT Math Strategy Supplement & Workshops
» MGMAT's Foundations of GMAT Verbal Strategy Supplement
» 27 hours of live and recorded Section Homework Review
» Test Simulation Booklet and Marker
» Manhattan GMAT's 6 Online Computer Adaptive Practice Exams
» Additional online resources including: Class Recordings, Labs, Questions Banks, and Challenge Problem Archive
(Note: SVS scholarships do not qualify for in-person course instruction)
Read more detail about the Manhattan GMAT curriculum here.
In order to ensure that scholarships are awarded only to committed individuals, please note that there is a strict course attendance requirement for all scholarship recipients.
Scholarship recipients are required to attend at least 7 complete sessions (of the 9 total sessions) of their chosen live online course. Individuals who miss more than 2 sessions will (a) be withdrawn from the course and (b) charged a $500 fee that will be used for future Manhattan GMAT scholarships.