Lead Software Engineer/Architect
Working from the company’s headquarters in New York City, the Lead Engineer will (1) architect and develop cutting edge learning solutions (2) solve for challenging architecture patterns (including legacy apps), and (3) lead a group of smart and talented developers.
Manhattan Prep is a fast-growing education company headquartered in New York City. A market leader in test preparation, we serve college students and young professionals studying for the GMAT (business school), LSAT (law school), GRE (Master's and PhD programs), and SAT exams. Manhattan Prep is the preferred test prep provider for clients including Google, Goldman Sachs, Harvard University, McKinsey, Accenture, and others. We conduct in-person classes and private instruction across the United States, Canada, and the UK, and our Live Online courses, digital learning resources, and print books are available worldwide.
Manhattan Prep is looking for a seasoned developer to lead our team as we develop the next generation of web applications that help our students achieve their goals. You’ll work alongside our product and design teams, from concept to delivery, to create solutions unique to the education technology landscape. We are interested in talented, results focused engineers who can impress us with their proven track record and innovative ideas. Our current engineering team has an array of prior achievements and will be focused on applicants of a similar caliber.
As a Lead Engineer, you will:
· Serve as a lead in the architecture, design, and implementation of educational applications and products.
· Lead team of developers, design workflows and mentor team members while setting an example.
· Participate in the design and development of new features and products, including requirements gathering, estimating, coding, testing, developing test plans and maintenance schedules.
· Communicate status of projects/applications and give accurate data forecasts for projects and work items.
· Take initiative in problem solving and demonstrate advanced problem awareness.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Deep experience with Ruby, PHP or Java web applications and frameworks
· 7+ years of web programming/architecture experience
· 5+ years Object Oriented Analysis and Design required
· 3 + years of lead/management experience
· Experience designing, developing and supporting distributed enterprise web applications
· Self-motivated, quick learner who can manage multiple projects with minimal direction
HOW TO IMPRESS US:
· Show us a web app you created independently from start to finish
· Show us open source projects you've worked on (with tested code)
· Show us an awesome portfolio
· Talk to us about how you write clean code
· Talk to us about how you've scaled an app
WHAT WE OFFER:
· Competitive Compensation
· Full Benefit Medical Plan
· 401K Savings Plan + company matching
· Casual dress code
· Exciting location and office environment
· Free Employee Prep Class (GMAT, GRE or LSAT)
· Friends and Family Discount on Manhattan Prep Classes
· An incredible team of smart and supportive people
Send us your cover letter and resume by clicking here. In your cover letter, please introduce yourself, and equally as important, tell us why you want to work with Manhattan Prep.