WE ARE SEEKING A SENIOR WEB DEVELOPER TO LEAD OUR DEVELOPMENT TEAM IN NEW YORK CITY.
Manhattan Prep is a fast-growing education company headquartered in New York City. A market leader in test preparation, we serve college students and young professionals studying for the GMAT (business school), LSAT (law school), GRE (Master's and PhD programs), and SAT exams. Manhattan Prep is the preferred test prep provider for clients including Google, Goldman Sachs, Harvard University, McKinsey, Accenture, and others. We conduct in-person classes and private instruction across the United States, Canada, and the UK, and our Live Online courses, digital learning resources, and print books are available worldwide.
Our organization is entrepreneurial, growth-oriented, and energetic. Our people genuinely enjoy what they do and take pride in it. If you seek a challenging, exciting, and creative programming role -- while working with talented and passionate people -- this might be the position for you.
- Outstanding Team Atmosphere
- Fun and flexible business environment with an emphasis on results.
- Competitive Compensation + Bonuses + Full Benefits
· Serve as a lead in the architecture, design, and implementation of extensive educational web-based applications and products.
· Lead team of developers, design workflows (agile), and provide technical assistance to all team members while setting an example for other developers.
· Participate in the design and development of new features and products, including requirements gathering, estimating, coding, testing, developing test plans and maintenance schedules.
· Communicate status of projects/applications and give accurate data forecasts for projects and work items.
· Take initiative in problem solving and demonstrate advanced problem awareness.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:· Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or related.
· 7+ years of web programming/architecture experience with a wide range of technologies.
· 5+ years Object Oriented Analysis and Design required.
· 3 + years of lead/management experience.
· Strong SQL programming and database management experience.
· Experience designing, developing and supporting distributed enterprise web applications.
· Self-motivated, quick learner who can manage multiple projects with minimal direction.
WHAT WE OFFER:· Compensation: competitive to attract the right candidate
· Casual dress code
· Exciting location and office environment
· Full Benefit Medical Plan
· 401K Savings Plan + company matching
· Free Employee Prep Class (GMAT, GRE or LSAT)
· Friends and Family Discount on Manhattan Prep Classes
· An incredible team of smart and supportive people
Please submit thoughtful cover letter and a custom-crafted resume here. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.