Manhattan Prep is a high-end test prep company serving college students and young professionals studying for the GMAT (business school), LSAT (law school), GRE, and SAT exams.
What's In It For You:
Manhattan Prep’s developers create the next-generation technologies which have changed how hundreds of thousands learn, making accessible and useful the Manhattan Prep curriculum and coursework. Our ambitions reach far beyond just test preparation to engineer exceptional learning experiences for millions of future students, of all ages and around the world. As a software engineer, you work on a small team and can switch projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. We need our developers to be versatile and always eager to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
You will be given substantial responsibility with room for professional growth. If you seek a challenging, exciting, and creative programming role -- while working with talented and passionate people -- this might be the position for you. Must work in NYC.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with UX designers, project managers and back-end engineers to implement versatile front-end solutions to tricky web development problems.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what a browser can do.
- Launch, iterate and make a difference. Provide front-end coding expertise, and be ready to make Manhattan Prep better for our students.
- Use technology to leverage available social aspects of learning.
- In-depth experience developing numerous web-based applications.
- Web application development and cross-browser platform experience. User Interface design knowledge.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of users (internal and external), strong problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
Skills that are a bonus to have:
- 4 years of experience in software development
- Experience with UI frameworks such as XUL and XAML.
- Experience with server-side frameworks.
- Fluency with Google Web Toolkit.
- Mobile App Development experience (Android, iPhone).
- Proven success in deploying scalable learning/training environments and experience with MOOCs or other large-scale learning platforms.
What we offer:
Competitive Salary and Full Benefits: Annual Bonuses + PTO + Medical/Dental + Life Insurance + 401K with Company Matching + Commuter Benefits. Relocation stipend also available.
What we're about:
What defines Manhattan Prep is not just its focus on providing students with the highest quality exam preparation, but also its unique work environment with a fast-paced, open, and challenging culture. Founded in 2000, Manhattan Prep is the fastest-growing test prep company in the country, preparing test takers for Business School, Law School, and PhD programs.
Manhattan Prep serves an impressive roster of corporate clients, including many Fortune 500 Companies. We currently conduct in-person corporate classes, group classes, and private instruction across the United States, Canada, and England. Manhattan Prep's online courses are available worldwide, and our acclaimed Strategy Guides are available in Barnes & Noble and on Amazon.com. For more information, visit www.manhattanprep.com.
If this sounds like the gig for you, apply online here. Send us your resume and in your cover letter, tell us what we should change to make our website, manhattangmat.com, even better. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.