The tobacco industry is still profitable and projections are that it will remain so. In the United States this year, the total amount of tobacco sold by tobacco farmers has increased, even though the number of adults who smoke has decreased.
Each of the following if true, could explain the simultaneous increase in tobacco sales than decrease in the number of adults who smoke EXCEPT:
1. During this year the number of women who have begun to smoke is greater than the number of men who have quit smoking.
2. The number of teenage children who have begun to smoke this year is greater than the number of adults who have quit smoking during the same period.
3. During this year, the number of nonsmokers who have begun to use chewing tobacco or snuff is greater than the number of people who have quit smoking.
4. The people who have continued to smoke consume more tobacco per person than they did in the past.
5. More of the cigarettes made in the United Sates this year were exported to other countries than was the case last year.
Answer is A.
How do we concur on A?