In addition to regular forum rules and information, this sticky contains rules specific to the ManhattanGMAT Verbal Strategy Guide Questions folder; read this information even if you have already read stickies in other folders.
This folder is for MANHATTANGMAT VERBAL STRATEGY GUIDE questions only; all questions should be about information or problems appearing in one of MGMAT's verbal strategy guides (the red books) or the associated online material (the question banks). ManhattanGMAT CAT Verbal, and GMATPrep Verbal have their own folders; please post any questions from those sources in the appropriate folder.
Multiple-Choice Question Posting protocol
Please follow the below rules; if you don't, your question will not be answered.
0) BEFORE YOU POST, search for the text from your question; if it already appears in the database, read the existing posts to see if your question has already been answered. If not, add your question to the existing thread for that problem.
1) ONLY post questions from MGMAT's Verbal Strategy Guides in this folder. State which edition of the Guide you're using (eg, 4th edition), the name of the book, and the page number on which the problem or question appears. (If your question is from the associated online material, you don't need to do this.)
2) Use the first five to eight words of the problem as your Subject heading. Also, post the entire text of the question and answer choices. Do not use abbreviations.
3) Be very explicit about your question / problem. Don't just post the text of a question without telling us why you're struggling!
4) Post one problem per thread; if you have more than one problem to review, start a new thread for each problem.
5) Only use image files for complicated diagrams or other things that cannot easily be typed in (eg, geometric shapes or seriously complex fractions). If a question is posted as an image, it will not appear in any search results for that particular problem. Also, it takes significantly longer for us to download and view image files - the more we have to do that, the fewer problems we can get through. It is EXTREMELY rare to need an image file for a verbal question.
6) Please be polite and respectful. Inflammatory, profane, or otherwise unacceptable posts will be deleted and the poster banned.
We instructors will strive to respond to posts within 3 business days, but we can't always guarantee this during high-volume days. We will do our best though! If you are currently a student in one of our classes, use your office hours and/or your instructor for any pressing questions.
If one user posts 5 or more questions in a short period, it may take longer for that user to get a response to all questions because we will try to allocate our time evenly over all posters (to ensure that one person doesn't get a monopoly on instructor time).
We may respond to some very open-ended questions with a request to narrow the topic. For example, "How do I get better at Reading Comp?" is too broad to be answered in a forum (we spend hours on this in class!).
Director of Online Community