Marketing Associate Job Description
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Manhattan Prep is a high-end test prep company serving college students and young professionals studying for the GMAT (business school), LSAT (law school), and GRE (Master’s & PhD programs).
Our organization is entrepreneurial, growth-oriented, and energetic. Our people genuinely enjoy what they do and take pride in it. If you seek a challenging, exciting, and creative marketing role — while working with talented and passionate people — this might be the position for you.
We are seeking a part-time Marketing Associate to work within our college marketing group.
Work closely with the College Marketing Manager to create and develop both marketing strategies, to drive brand awareness on top U.S. college campuses.
- Development of key messages for all audiences to communicate our core brand identity.
- Assist in providing monthly reporting to senior executives.
- Develop media packs and giveaways for campus outreach.
- Provides liaison support between the company and on-campus interns.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with campus administrators.
- Research editorial opportunities and assist in building relationships with key industry media.
- Assists in the development of promotional strategies and product development.
- Participate in recruitment of remote College Marketing Interns
- Develop promotional materials including marketing collateral and print copies.
- Write press releases, company newsletters, copy for marketing materials, brochures, web content, advertisements, and other related material.
- Update company news and headlines on the college intern intranet site.
- Translation of materials into other media.
RELATIONSHIPS AND ROLES
- Demonstrate ability to interact and coordinate with all company employees.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the students’ needs, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and proactively, and demonstrate high integrity.
- Able to quickly develop expert knowledge of the product (GMAT, LSAT, and GRE).
- Able to understand the demands, needs, satisfaction, etc., of the consumers.
- Strong ability to understand customer and market dynamics, requirements, and needs.
- 2 years of marketing experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Very, very strong writing skills (will need to submit writing sample).
- Self-confident, motivated, initiative, challenger.
- Strong at time management.
- Creative. Energetic.
- Experience with acting as a campus marketing intern for a high-end brand is preferred.
- A background in leading a major college student organization (club officer) is preferred.
If you’re interested in applying, you can do so here.