Business Data Analyst
Manhattan Prep is a high-end test prep company serving college students and young professionals studying for the GMAT (business school), LSAT (law school), GRE, and SAT exams.
About the position
Manhattan Prep is looking for an exceptional person to conduct complex data analyses to drive strategic direction and decision-making for Manhattan Prep.
We need someone to help us analyze our huge set of purchase, customer, social and web data by doing everything from statistical inference to preparing descriptive reports of performance to forecasting and simulation. You will develop meaningful interpretations of data from myriad sources, but you will do more than just crunch the numbers. Identifying the problem is only half the job; you also figure out the solution.
- You love finding patterns in data.
- You are numerically oriented and aren't intimidated by dealing with large data sets.
- You enjoy qualitative analysis too, ascribing meaning to the numbers.
- You're great at Excel and are willing to learn what you might not know about data extraction, analysis, and presentation.
- You're able to explain things clearly to people who are less data-inclined than you.
Manhattan Prep is a fast-growing education company headquartered in New York City. A market leader in test preparation, Manhattan Prep is the preferred test prep provider for corporate clients including Google, Goldman Sachs, Deloitte, McKinsey, Accenture, and others. We conduct in-person classes and private instruction across the United States, Canada, and the UK, and our Live Online courses, digital learning resources, and print books are available worldwide. Here, you will get to see firsthand how your work changes people’s lives.
Skills and experience
- Degree in Statistics, Math, Engineering, Computer Science or another quantitative discipline. In lieu of these degrees, 3+ years of quantitative and qualitative research experience.
- Mastery of spreadsheet software: pivot tables and macros.
- Experience with, or ability to learn, SQL or other data languages.
- Preferred: Modeling experience related to financial, risk and scenario planning.
- Preferred: Experience with notable Business Intelligence (BI) reporting tools.
About the work
Market Research Examples
- Client Satisfaction: research, develop and implement new methods of using customer survey data to measure which aspects of our products and services result in more satisfied and successful students, yielding a higher volume of referrals.
- Lead Nurturing: analyze purchasing and academic behavior of database leads to find ways for us to proactively help our students, possibly involving upselling.
- Pricing: leverage historical pricing trends to determine top-line impact and uncover opportunities for pricing optimization.
- Website Optimization: use visitor data to identify patterns in user behavior and recommend improvements to the site.
Operations Research Examples
- Course Scheduling: study course enrollment trends (and competitor behavior) to determine the best scheduling mix: time slot, location, duration, etc.
- Classroom placement: use test taker population data to figure out the best locations to hold courses in various cities.
- Create engaging visualizations of the data analyzed in order to depict outcomes.
Manhattan Prep is prepared to offer a competitive compensation package to attract the right candidate.
- Competitive Base Salary
- Annual Bonuses
- Casual Dress Code
- Generous Vacation & Sick Day Allowance
- Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance
- Vanguard 401K Retirement + Company Matching
- Commuter Benefits
Please email a cover letter and resume to Eric Caballero at email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you!